Saturday 27 August 2011

EDINBURGH FRINGE FESTIVAL 2011 - PART 2


So I returned to my beloved Edinburgh on 18th Aug for my Fringe Festival 2011 run Part two!! After a relaxing swim & spa on arrival I had a chilled night with my parents and prepared for the weeks shows!

Friday 19th: I performed at "Voodoo Revue" at the Voodoo Rooms alongside some familiar faces and it was great to catch up with everyone! I then dashed across town for "Bra Ha Ha" at the Caves!

Sat 20th : Was the same as the day before but all the line ups were different, that is the beauty of the Fringe!

Emulating artwork in The Caves!
Sunday 21st: I managed to catch up with the lovely Gypsy Wood and Lada Redstar for dinner before our respective shows, it was great to have a girlie catch up! I then shot off to perform at "Vive Le Cabaret" at The Pleasance and then onwards to "Gorgeous George's Cabaret"!

Lada, Me & Gypsy Wood!

Gypsy Charms, Me & Viva Misadventure - backstage at Vive Le Cabaret!
Charlie, Leggy & Me - backstage at Gorgeous George's Cabaret!
On Monday I had the best day with my best girl Ruthie, Louis and Tim! It was so good to catch up with my Edinburgh family (for those not in the know I lived in Edinburgh with Ruth & Tim for 5 years & Louis is Ruth's brother). We started the day with Turkish breakfast then we headed over to the new revamped National Museum of Scotland (which I highly recommend and it's free!!). The new displays were beautiful and we thoroughly enjoyed it!











    

 Next stop was lunch then we headed off to see Tim play a Lord Rochester instore at "Elvis & Shakespeare"!





After the day's adventures we retreated home and had an awesome home made Mexican meal! Everybody got involved! (I made the tea!) Then we watched movies! Perfect day!



Tim in a fetching pinny!

Tuesday 23rd: I caught the train bright & early to Glasgow and onwards to Bishopton to life model for the wonderful Fiona Wilson (www.fionawilson.net). I had a lovely day eating scones and rolling around on an exercise ball! I look forward to seeing the end results! After I went out for dinner with my Leyla Rose and then had a lovely girlie catch up/bitch sleep over! The next morning on my way back to Livingston I saw some of the scenes being shot in Glasgow for the new Brad Pitt movie "World War Z" which looked pretty cool!

World War Z

Wed 24th: I had a relaxed day with my Mama & Papa and then enjoyed lovely Tapas at El Bar for Ruth's "Bon Voyage" meal before she sets off to Amsterdam. To finish off the night, I laughed my ass off at Frisky & Mannish's "Pop Center Plus" Edinburgh Fringe 2011 show.


My last day Thurs 25th: I was back through to Glasgow in the evening for dinner at Ketchup and to perform at "Nude". I was accompanied by my Mama & Leyla and I had the privilege of having my nails done by the awesome Kirsty Anne (separate nail blog on it's way!)

Phew. Fringe Festival I had a blast. Until next year.....





No comments:

Post a Comment