Monday 30 January 2012

THE SHOW MUST GO ON!

This was a busy old weekend of shows and travelling for me! Thursday saw "The Missy Malone & Friends Burlesque Revue" visit The Queens Hall Theatre in Cranbrook, Kent.

After a long drive to Kent I was greeted by a beautiful theatre space for the show, a large stage, pro lighting and cabaret style seating! What I was not expecting was that the theatre was set in the heart of a ...private school!!!  Our dinner was served in the school canteen!! We even had our own waiters in the form of lovely 6th form boys! Very surreal!

I am delighted to say the show was another storming success! The theatre was packed to the rafters with over 200 in the crowd!

My amazing line up included, Luna Rosa, Cherry Shakewell, Beau Rocks, Beatrix Von Bourbon and Des O'Connor.  I will blog about the show when I have the official photos back!

Luna, Beau, Cherry, Beatrix & Me Backstage!
On Friday I high tailed it to London after not very much sleep for Cherry Shakewell's wonderful "Bond" inspired dinner show "Pussy Galore" at Volupte. I was performing in both shows (early & late) alongside Cherry Shakewell, Gracie, Tom Moans and Craig the Incredible Hula Boy!

Cherry, Gracie, Tom Moans, Craig & Me Backstage!

My AMAZING new dressing gown! A gift from Cherry!

On Saturday I caught an afternoon train from London to Sheffield for the amazing "Burly Q" show. But first enjoyed a wander around the station!
Brief Encounter in St Pancras Station





I have wanted to perform at the highly recommended "Burly Q" show for so long and it did not disappoint!! I was also delighted to feature as the poster girl for this event and I just ADORE the artwork by "Joe Bonshaker"!


The show is held in a proper northern working mans club so the atmosphere takes you right back in time and was a total advance sell out! There was also bingo going on the hall next door!

I was performing alongside Velma Von Bon Bon, Amelie Soliel, Edd Muir, Ginger Hayworth, Penny Dreadful and my personal highlight of the night strong woman Betty Brawn!

My Bum on a Birthday Cake!!

Velma & Me Backstage!
After the show most of the cast enjoyed a catch up back in the hotel! Bleary eyed the next morning I caught a train home and tried to catch up with myself!

A nice surprise when I got home was to find I was a covergirl once again for Breeze Magazine (Jan 2012 issue)

No comments:

Post a Comment