Wednesday 9 May 2012

A BRUSH WITH BURLESQUE!

Yesterday I headed down to London Town as I was teaching my Fandance Workshop for "The Cheek of it Burlesque School" - www.cheekofit.co.uk in the evening but first I headed to east London for some fun times!

I caught up with my good pal Cherry Shakewell, Dave The Bear & Go Go Harder! We enjoyed burgers and milkshakes at "The Breakfast Club" as a huge fan of diners it was great to try this one out for the first time!!






Cherry & Dave

We then all headed down to Brick Lane to visit  "A Brush with Burlesque" exhibition, which I was very excited to see in the flesh!

"A Brush with Burlesque brings together a fabulous collective of British based artists who currently paint or illustrate the vibrant British Burlesque scene."

It certainly did not disappoint! The exhibition is stunning and really has a fantastic mix of artistic styles and ideas! It was also lovely to catch up with exhibition curators Mark & Sarah Bell (who also run the fantastic "Kinky & Quirky" events in Devon).

I was so honoured to have been featured in so many of the artists work that was on display including, Mark Bell, Fiona Wilson, Becky Ryan, Joe Bonshaker Armitage and Charlotte Thomson. It is a really amazing feeling to be immortalised in these stunning pieces! (I couldn't help but pose with a few of them!!)

Here is a sneak peek:

Joe Boneshaker Armitage's Work
Mark Bell's Collection
Cake Follies Sugar Sculptures!!
Fiona Wilson
Fiona Wilson
My Arse - By Fiona Wilson!
Becky Ryan's Illustration
Myself with Joe Boneshaker Armitage's Poster!
With Mark Bell and his glorious painting!
Prints for Sale!
Prints for Sale!
The exhibition is on until this Sunday 13th May and is open 1-7pm everyday! and it is FREE!
I can't stress enough how much you should check out this exhibition!

Also don't forget your purse! All the originals are for sale and there is also a huge selection of prints and merchandise for sale to suit all budgets!

For more info please visit:



No comments:

Post a Comment