Sunday 18 March 2012

ROUGE & MALONE REUNITED!

Last Thursday I headed to London for a couple of fun filled days of performing and catching up with old friends!

It was extra special as I was catching up with my dear old friend (and old burlesque double act partner!) Foxy Rouge! It had been three years since we had last saw each other so there was allot to catch up on! Foxy has been back in her homeland of New Zealand for the last few years and is now heading of to exotic lands for far flung adventures and it was great to get to she her before she left again! I have missed her!

Rouge & Malone Reunited!
So after a chilled afternoon on Brick Lane Foxy, Cherry (our beautiful hostess with the mostess) and I headed to Soho as I was performing at the wonderful "Bete Noire" at the iconic Madame JoJo's. I am so glad I got to perform at "Bete Noire" in this incarnation before it takes a break in proceedings.


Soho

The Windmill

Madame Jojo's



Cherry, Missy & Foxy!

On Friday after brunch at the All Star Diner Foxy and I headed to The Getty Images Gallery to see the "Marilyn" exhibition, to commemorate 50 years since her death. Click Here! It is a lovely little exhibition of candid images of Marilyn and also includes some of the costumes that I saw that the Marilyn exhibition in Bath back in October, well worth a visit for any Marilyn fans and its free!! Here are a couple of my fave images from the show:







Next we went for a wander around iconic Carnaby Street and took in the sights!






We then gave in to tourist temptation and visited "Ripley's Believe it or Not? Museum" and we enjoyed spending a couple of hours messing around and looking at the oddities! My favourite rooms were the Marilyn collection and the shrunken heads!


Foxy and Charming Mr Fox!

Me and the tallest man in the world!
Cute 1950's Ripley's Merchandise!









Foxy is not sure about her new knickers!
We then took a break for tea and cake and met up with our pal Paul Zenon before we headed to "Cafe De Paris" as I was performing at the beautiful "La Reve"!



I headed home yesterday and enjoyed a relaxed weekend at home which makes a nice change! Also I would like to say "Happy Mother's Day" to my beautiful mama!!

1 comment:

  1. ohhh I did a squeee of delight to see Rachel on here, glad she got to catch up wit you on her travels, she is certaily missed here in NZ

    xx Rosina Lee

    ReplyDelete